Saturday, March 7, 2009

Kerala MP says he is technically out of CPI-M

March 6,2009

Kannur , Mar 6 Suspended CPI-M MP, A P Abdulla Kutty, who incurred the wrath of party leadership for praising Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, today said he"technically ceased"to be a party member and could decide the future step on his own.

"I technically cease to be a member of the CPI-M as I did not renew my membership after the party asked me to do so on a short notice on February 28,"he told a press conference here.

Kutty, who was suspended from the party in January, expressed dismay at being asked to renew his membership by a lower branch committee and described it as an"insult"to the party constitution and himself as an MP.

"I could have got justice had I appealed to the party Control Commission but I decided against it, Kutty, who had lauded Modi&aposs development model in Gujarat, said.

Stating that he was free to decide his future course of action, the MP evaded repeated queries on whether any United Democratic Front constituent had offered the Kannur Lok Sabha seat, which he had won twice.

He said no MP could work effectively without the party&aposs support and the moves by the local CPI-M leadership to keep him away from the recent party-sponsored programmes were"most unfortunate and painful.

No comments:

Post a Comment