Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Not interested in joining politics: Mohanlal

19 April 2009
Coimbatore: Malayalam superstar Mohanlal Sunday said he has no desire or intention to enter politics and was happy acting in films.

"Why should I? I am doing well in films and happy about it. Moreover, I have no interest in joining politics," he told reporters after inaugurating a jewellery showroom here.

Asked why he had failed to exercise his franchise in the April 16 Lok Sabha polls in Kerala when he had repeatedly urged the public not to desist from voting, Mohanlal said he was busy shooting in Hyderabad and so could not make it on time on the election day.

To another question on whether he had any particular role in mind which he wanted to essay but could not so far, he said, "I do not expect any particular role. I want to do characters and any different or distinct role and it has to come to me."

"The people of Kerala also do not want me to confine myself to a particular role or image. There is no stigma to any role. The fans and audience have accepted me and also whatever I am doing." Mohanlal said.

Stating that Malayalam cinema, despite a limited audience, has adapted well and caught up with latest technology, he said the Tamil film industry was also doing very well. He said he is presently doing a Tamil film with noted actor Kamalhassan, which is expected to hit the screens in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment