Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I was a victim of CPI-M's conspiracy: Rajmohan Unnithan

Thiruvananthapuram: Days after his party revoked his suspension, senior Congress leader Rajmohan Unnithan Monday lashed out at the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) for 'spreading canards' about him on his alleged involvement with a woman and termed the Left leaders as a bunch of 'pseudo moralists'.

Unnithan vented his anger at the CPI-M, its feeder organization, the Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI, the youth wing) and the Janadipathiya Mahila Association (JMA, the women's wing), saying he was trapped by them after he was held with a woman, said to be a Congress Seva Dal worker, at a house in Malappuram district Dec 20.

On March 31, the Congress revoked the suspension of Unnithan, former general secretary of the party in Kerala, absolving him of charges of immoral trafficking. He insists he was trapped by the ruling Left party activists and their allies.

'I was a victim of a conspiracy hatched by the CPI-M and DYFI and I was trapped by them. I have now been exonerated by my party which conducted an inquiry and I was given instant bail by a court (in Malappuram), because I did no wrong,' Unnithan told reporters Monday.

He said the DYFI is gripped with an 'Oedipus complex' and the JMA 'which claims to safeguard the rights of women did the worst thing when they printed my picture and of the lady who was with me and pasted it all across the state'.

'The JMA forgot that the lady who was with me has a family and the CPI-M should also not forget the personal side of leaders like Karl Marx, Lenin and Chairman Mao and it is no different with some CPI-M leaders here. I have been exonerated but the damage that has been done to me and the lady is irreparable,' Unnithan, an All India Congress Committee member member.

No comments:

Post a Comment